Job Opportunity at Carpathian Foundation
Álláslehetőség a Kárpátok Alapítványnál
Carpathian Foundation (CF), an interregional grant-making organization that works in Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Ukraine, is currently recruiting for the position of Financial Officer for the Eger Headquarters office.
- Ensure the financial integrity of Carpathian Foundation’s operational and grant making accounting;
- Ensure consistency of reporting between Hungarian and Anglo accounting systems;
- Provide internal and external financial reports;
- Planning, budgeting and cash management;
- Manage annual audit preparation and serve as primary staff liaison with auditor;
- Responsible for CF legal obligations regarding submission of financial reports and employment obligations to the Hungarian authorities;
- Assessment and improvement of financial systems and procedures;
Qualifications and requirements:
- University studies in accounting, finance, or a related field;
- At least three years professional experience in financial position, preferably in international organization and/or nonprofit sector.
- Solid financial accounting, statement preparation and analytical skills.
- Supervision experience and interest in community development is preferred;
- Excellent oral and written English skills;
- Strong verbal and writing skills and computer literacy, particularly with accounting software and spreadsheet applications;
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multicultural team.
Applications, including a CV and cover letter detailing your interest, qualifications and salary requirements should be sent in English by 15 February, 2005 to:
Alina Bernecker, Deputy Director, CF
Fax. (421-055) 625-1760
For more information on the Carpathian Foundation's activities, visit www.carpathianfoundation.org