VACANCY NOTICE DIRECTOR – EUROPEAN CITIZEN ACTION SERVICE
European Citizen Action Service (ECAS), a Brussels-based international
non-profit organisation, wishes to appoint a Director (the current director
retires at the end of 2013).
ECAS, which was created in 1991, is a membership-based organisation,
independent of political parties, commercial interests and the EU Institutions.
The membership includes organisations active in citizenship, human rights and
civil liberties, development, health and social welfare from across Europe. Its
mission is to enable NGOs and individuals make their voice heard within the EU.
information on ECAS please visit: www.ecas-citizens.eu
elements of the ECAS current work programme and the tasks of the current
Director are as follows:
- Creation of a physical and virtual Citizens House in Brussels.
- Operating an EU Rights Clinic.
- Managing the Your Europe Advice service under contract to the European
- Production of an annual Guide to European Funding for the Non-profit Sector.
- Drafting a Citizen’s Charter for consideration by the EU and citizens.
- Organisation of seminars, conferences and training programmes.
- Assisting European Citizens’ Initiatives.
- Developing a membership strategy.
- Managing fundraising and undertaking lobbying activities.
- Establishing new forms of partnerships.
- Ensuring good governance and supervising the staff.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors and to the General Assembly.
- Drafting concept notes, position papers and detailed proposals.
- Public-speaking tasks.
The Director works under the supervision of and in close cooperation with the
Board of Directors.
application: Wednesday, 31 July 2013